Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage inside a victim's network, the more time it will require to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Stockton metro area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Stockton
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an additional settlement in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating affected endpoints from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest range of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to organize the complicated recovery process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put vital services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected during the attack.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same AV tools implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, classification, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in Stockton
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Stockton area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.