Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a victim's system, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to complete the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Thousand Oaks area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Thousand Oaks
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step requires blocking the sideways progress of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to get essential services back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and what recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV tools used by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves learning the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Thousand Oaks
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Thousand Oaks metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.