Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Thousand Oaks area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Thousand Oaks
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and TAs require an additional settlement for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the sideways progress of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the assault.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, classification, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Thousand Oaks
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Thousand Oaks metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.