Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a breach and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve inside a target's system, the more time it takes to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can assist businesses in the Thousand Oaks area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Thousand Oaks
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an additional settlement for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the nature of the stolen data.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack has a number of crucial stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoints from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic useful level of capability with the least delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring offers small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV tools deployed by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Thousand Oaks
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Thousand Oaks area, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.