Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a target's system, the longer it will require to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to complete the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Lincoln metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Lincoln
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers require an additional payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical first step involves blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to get critical resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not carefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators or root users. Immutable storage provides an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV technology deployed by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Lincoln
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Lincoln metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.