Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may be slower to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Eugene area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Eugene
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an additional ransom for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial response involves arresting the sideways spread of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and safe remote access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for variations. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Eugene
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Eugene metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.