Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support staff may take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Brasília area to locate and isolate infected devices and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Brasília
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an extra payment for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the least delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest range of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including administrators or root users. Immutable storage adds an extra level of protection and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV technology implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, classification, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if any. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves learning the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Brasília
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Brasília metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.