Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to become aware of a breach and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to restore core operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware expert can help businesses in the Brasília metro area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Brasília
Current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest range of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put essential resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM reduces TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Brasília
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Brasília area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.