Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Tucson
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Tucson business can use Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Tucson
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Tucson business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.