Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Tucson
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Tucson business can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Tucson
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Tucson business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.