Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Tucson
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Tucson organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires close cooperation with the groups assigned to file cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Tucson
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Tucson business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.