Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Tucson
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Tucson business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically sound images of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Tucson
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Tucson business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.