Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Manchester
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Manchester organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the groups focused on file restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Manchester
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Manchester organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.