Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Manchester
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Manchester organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on file recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible lateral movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Manchester
To find out more about how Progent can help your Manchester business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.