Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Manchester
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Manchester organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Manchester
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Manchester organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.