Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Manchester
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Manchester organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Manchester
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Manchester organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.