Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Manchester
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Manchester business can use Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Manchester
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Manchester organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.