Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Vacaville
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Vacaville business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Vacaville
To learn more about how Progent can help your Vacaville business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.