Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Vacaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Vacaville business can use Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Vacaville
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Vacaville business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.