Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Vacaville
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Vacaville organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Vacaville
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Vacaville organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.