Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Vacaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Vacaville organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every computer and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Vacaville
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Vacaville organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.