Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Vacaville
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Vacaville organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in rules or processes that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Vacaville
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Vacaville business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.