Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Louisville
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Louisville organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the impact and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Create forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Louisville
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Louisville organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.