Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Louisville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Louisville organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the network including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Louisville
To learn more about how Progent can help your Louisville business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.