Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Louisville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Louisville organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Louisville
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Louisville business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.