Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Louisville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Louisville organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on file restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Louisville
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Louisville business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.