Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Lynnwood
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Lynnwood organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important activities like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for close interaction with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Lynnwood
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Lynnwood business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.