Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Lynnwood
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Lynnwood business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Lynnwood
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Lynnwood business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.