Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in São Paulo
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your São Paulo organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in São Paulo
To find out more information about how Progent can help your São Paulo organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.