Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in São Paulo
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your São Paulo business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on file recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in São Paulo
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your São Paulo organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.