Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Webster
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of field experience, technical skills and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the number one goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy recovery teams that operate effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of IT skills and the depth of personnel to complement your network support team and restore your network environment quickly and economically.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the TA's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and operating the threat actor's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryptor tool
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover machines and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a full forensic review and create a document to share with the insurance carrier. This document identifies cybersecurity gaps that need to be eliminated and suggests actions that can be performed to block future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints to arrest the spread of the attack
- Making digital copies of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Creating a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to require an extra payment in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no method to be certain that stolen data have been totally erased by the TA. Actually, in numerous instances the hacker has limited control about where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which data were taken, and sending the mandated alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Webster
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement guidance in Webster, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.