Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in San Juan
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if any. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish recovery teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the scope of technical knowledge and the depth of experts to complement your IT staff and restore your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the threat actor's decryption tool
- Determining a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Checking accordance with anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and using the threat actor's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption tool
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to restore machines and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to conduct a forensics investigation and generate a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document identifies cybersecurity gaps that need to be fixed and suggests steps that can be performed to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of each breached server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with recovery
- Adding anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from offline backups or unscathed endpoints
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption utility, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to demand an extra settlement for not posting this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no way to prove that stolen data have been totally deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in many instances the hacker has little say about data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which files were compromised, and sending the required notifications to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in San Juan
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in San Juan, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.