Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a victim's system, the longer it takes to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Manhattan Beach area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Manhattan Beach
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers require an extra settlement for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack involves a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves blocking the sideways progress of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment activities include cutting off affected endpoints from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and protected remote access. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and data security experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Manhattan Beach
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Manhattan Beach metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.