Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make inside a target's network, the longer it takes to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Manhattan Beach area to locate and quarantine infected devices and guard undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Manhattan Beach
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an extra payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of crucial stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring gives small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Manhattan Beach
For ransomware system recovery consulting services in the Manhattan Beach area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.