Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the longer it takes to restore core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineer can help organizations in the Manhattan Beach metro area to identify and isolate breached devices and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Manhattan Beach
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires arresting the sideways spread of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the widest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get essential resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the assault.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV tools used by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if any. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Manhattan Beach
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Manhattan Beach area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.