Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a victim's network, the more time it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Chatsworth metro area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Chatsworth
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put critical services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers gaps in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Chatsworth
For ransomware cleanup services in the Chatsworth metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.