Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to restore basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Chatsworth area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Chatsworth
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an extra payment for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response involves blocking the lateral progress of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment activities consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same AV tools implemented by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware filtering, classification, containment, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Chatsworth
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Chatsworth area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.