Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel may be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a target's network, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to take the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Chatsworth area to locate and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Chatsworth
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first step involves arresting the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the least delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest range of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a client's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get critical resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not properly shut down, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators. This provides an extra level of protection and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, classification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Chatsworth
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the Chatsworth area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.