Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage inside a target's network, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to complete the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Carlsbad metro area to locate and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Carlsbad
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee for the decryptors required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an extra payment for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put vital services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV technology used by some of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and restoring physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Carlsbad
For ransomware system recovery services in the Carlsbad area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.