Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a victim's network, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware expert can assist businesses in the Carlsbad area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Carlsbad
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers require an additional payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical first step requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get essential resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same AV tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Carlsbad
For ransomware cleanup services in the Carlsbad metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.