Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a target's network, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Carlsbad metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Carlsbad
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an additional settlement for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response involves arresting the sideways spread of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and safe remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to organize the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not properly closed, may need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators. Immutable storage provides another level of protection and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same AV technology implemented by some of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack condition; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in Carlsbad
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Carlsbad area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.