Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's system, the more time it takes to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to take the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Fort Collins metro area to locate and isolate breached devices and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Fort Collins
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an additional settlement in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response involves arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put vital resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, mitigation, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Fort Collins
For ransomware system restoration services in the Fort Collins area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.