Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make inside a target's system, the more time it takes to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Fort Collins metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Fort Collins
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an extra ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the least downtime. This process is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest range of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complex recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware filtering, classification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Fort Collins
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Fort Collins area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.