Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Addison
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that calls for a mix of field experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to establish recovery groups that work effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of technical skills and the deep bench of personnel to complement your IT support team and recover your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Services offered by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the threat actor's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the threat actor
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the TA's decryptor tool
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and generate a report to deliver to the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be fixed and recommends actions that can be taken to block future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating infected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Making replicas of every infected device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring files from offline backups or unscathed machines
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting money for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly attempt to exfiltrate information. TAs are then able to demand an extra payment for not publishing this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no method to guarantee that stolen files have been totally deleted by the TA. In fact, in numerous cases the hacker has limited control about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an audit on which files were stolen, and sending the necessary notifications to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Addison
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Addison, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.