Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Fort Myers
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated activity that requires a mix of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the top goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy recovery groups that work efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the scope of technical knowledge and the deep bench of experts to complement your network support team and recover your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement payment with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryption mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryptor utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover machines and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to perform comprehensive forensics and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This report identifies security gaps that need to be fixed and suggests actions that should be performed to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the attack
- Making replicas of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring files from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Building a clean environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting money for a decryption tool, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to require an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Sadly, there is no method to be certain that exfiltrated data have been totally erased by the TA. Actually, in many cases the threat actor has limited say about where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of getting the advice of privacy lawyers, conducting an investigation into which files were compromised, and performing the mandated notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Fort Myers
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Fort Myers, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.