Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Fort Myers
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to establish response groups that work effectively, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of technical knowledge and the depth of experts to complement your IT staff and restore your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Verifying the hacker's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and schedule with the threat actor
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and operating the hacker's decryption utility
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover machines and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a full forensic review and generate a report to deliver to the insurance carrier. This report identifies security vulnerabilities that must be eliminated and suggests actions to be taken to block subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the attack
- Making replicas of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with recovery
- Adding anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from offline restores or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a clean environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption utility, modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly try to exfiltrate information. Hackers are then able to require a separate settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no method to be certain that exfiltrated data have been totally deleted by the TA. In fact, in many cases the threat actor has little control about who can access the stolen files. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of getting the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which data were taken, and sending the required alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Fort Myers
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Fort Myers, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.