Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Buffalo
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that requires a mix of real-word experience, IT skills and business savvy. It also calls for working closely with the victim's IT staff and the insurance provider, if any. Since the top goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish recovery groups that operate effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of IT knowledge and the deep bench of experts to complement your network staff and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the hacker's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement range with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering laws
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and operating the TA's decryptor utility
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryption tool
After the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore machines and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and create a report to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This document identifies cybersecurity gaps that need to be eliminated and suggests steps that should be taken to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the assault
- Making digital copies of every breached server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with recovery
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering files from offline backups or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting money for a decryption utility, modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to exfiltrate files. Hackers are then able to require an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no method to guarantee that stolen files have been totally deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in numerous instances the hacker has limited control over where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for engaging the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an audit on which data were stolen, and sending the necessary alerts to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Buffalo
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Buffalo, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.