Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the longer it takes to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to carry out the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Allentown metro area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Allentown
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack has several distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology implemented by many of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, classification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in Allentown
For ransomware system recovery consulting services in the Allentown area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.