Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a target's system, the more time it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware expert can help businesses in the Allentown area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Allentown
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers require an additional settlement in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response requires blocking the sideways spread of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put critical services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected during the assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, identification, containment, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Allentown
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Allentown metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.