Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Ipanema
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a mix of real-word experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also demands close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response teams that operate efficiently, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of IT skills and the depth of experts to supplement your network staff and recover your network rapidly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the hacker's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the threat actor
- Confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the hacker's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryption utility
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover machines and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a report to share with the insurance provider. This report helps you to understand security gaps that must be corrected and recommends actions that should be taken to block subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the assault
- Making replicas of every compromised device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised machines
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption utility, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers can then require an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this information or selling it. Sadly, there exists no way to guarantee that exfiltrated data have been completely erased by the threat actor. In fact, in many instances the hacker has limited control about data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for seeking the advice of privacy lawyers, performing an inventory of files were taken, and carrying out the required notifications to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Ipanema
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in Ipanema, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.