Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Minnetonka
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also requires close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Since the top priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish recovery teams that operate effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of IT skills and the depth of personnel to supplement your IT staff and restore your network quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and using the hacker's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their original state. Progent can also assist you to perform a complete forensics analysis and create a document to deliver to the insurance provider. This report helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that must be fixed and suggests steps that should be taken to combat future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of each infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Creating a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state
In addition to demanding money for a decryption tool, modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly try to exfiltrate files. Hackers are then able to demand an extra payment for not publishing this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that stolen files have been completely deleted by the TA. In fact, in many instances the TA has little say about the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for engaging the guidance of privacy lawyers, conducting an inventory of data were stolen, and performing the required notifications to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Minnetonka
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation expertise in Minnetonka, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.