Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Minnetonka
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a mix of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance carrier, if any. Because the top priority of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is critical to establish response teams that work effectively, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network staff and restore your network quickly and affordably.
Services available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Verifying the TA's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement range with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the hacker's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore machines and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform a forensics investigation and create a report to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security gaps that need to be fixed and recommends steps to be performed to block subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Making replicas of every infected device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with restoration
- Installing anti-virus agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering files from offline backups or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers are then able to require an extra ransom for not posting this data or selling it. Sadly, there exists no method to be certain that exfiltrated data have been totally erased by the hacker. Actually, in numerous instances the threat actor has little control about the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which data were stolen, and sending the required alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Minnetonka
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement expertise in Minnetonka, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.