Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Midtown Manhattan
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that calls for a mix of field experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also requires close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Because the number one goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to establish recovery groups that work efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the scope of technical skills and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network support team and recover your network quickly and affordably.
Support available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker persona
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and operating the threat actor's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover physical and virtual devices and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to conduct a forensics investigation and create a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be corrected and suggests actions that should be taken to block future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the assault
- Making digital copies of each breached server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with restoration
- Adding A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a pristine environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. TAs can then demand a separate payment in exchange for not divulging this data on the dark web. Sadly, there is no way to guarantee that stolen data have been totally deleted by the hacker. Actually, in numerous cases the threat actor has limited say about where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for engaging the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which files were compromised, and sending the required notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Midtown Manhattan
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Midtown Manhattan, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.