Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Tacoma
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that calls for a combination of field experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Since the top priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy response teams that work effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to supplement your network staff and restore your network quickly and affordably.
Services offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the hacker's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement range with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryptor utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to recover machines and software services to their original condition. Progent can also assist you to perform a forensics investigation and generate a report to deliver to the cyber insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that must be corrected and suggests steps that can be performed to block future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of every breached server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Adding A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering files from air-gapped restores or uncompromised machines
- Creating a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
Beyond demanding money for a decryption utility, modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim commonly attempt to exfiltrate information. TAs are then able to demand an additional payment for not publishing this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the hacker. Actually, in numerous cases the threat actor has little control over data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an inventory of data were stolen, and carrying out the required notifications to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Tacoma
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Tacoma, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.