Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Saddle Brook
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish recovery teams that work effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network staff and restore your network quickly and economically.
Services offered by Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Validating the TA's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions
- Overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the TA's decryptor mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryptor utility
After the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can help you to recover machines and services to their original condition. Progent can also assist you to perform a forensics investigation and generate a document to deliver to the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that must be fixed and suggests steps that can be taken to block future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of each infected server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with recovery
- Adding A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Creating a clean environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption utility, modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly attempt to exfiltrate files. Hackers are then able to demand an extra settlement for not posting this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no method to guarantee that exfiltrated data have been totally erased by the threat actor. Actually, in numerous cases the TA has little control over the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for getting the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which data were taken, and performing the mandated notifications to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Saddle Brook
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Saddle Brook, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.