Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Virginia Beach
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a mix of real-word experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also demands close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if any. Since the number one goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to establish response groups that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of technical skills and the deep bench of personnel to complement your IT support team and restore your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Support available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Testing the hacker's decryption tool
- Determining a settlement range with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and using the threat actor's decryptor tool
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryption utility
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore computers and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to perform a forensics investigation and create a document to deliver to the cyber insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand security gaps that must be eliminated and recommends actions that can be taken to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints to arrest the progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of every compromised device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with recovery
- Installing A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring data from offline restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Creating a clean recovery environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
In addition to extorting money for a decryption utility, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers can then demand an additional payment in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been totally erased by the threat actor. In fact, in numerous cases the TA has little say over who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of getting the advice of legal counsel, performing an audit on which files were taken, and sending the mandated alerts to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Virginia Beach
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement services in Virginia Beach, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.