Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Virginia Beach
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, technical skills and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Since the number one goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish recovery groups that operate effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to supplement your network staff and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Support available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the TA's decryption utility
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can assist you to recover machines and services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to perform a full forensic review and create a report to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security gaps that must be eliminated and recommends steps that can be taken to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the assault
- Creating digital copies of every infected device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging data from offline backups or unscathed machines
- Building a pristine environment
- Mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state
Beyond extorting money for a decryption tool, modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate files. TAs can then demand a separate settlement for not publishing this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to be certain that stolen data have been totally erased by the hacker. Actually, in many cases the hacker has limited say about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of legal counsel, conducting an audit on which data were compromised, and sending the mandated alerts to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Virginia Beach
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Virginia Beach, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.