Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Jersey City
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a mix of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the insurance provider, if there is one. Since the number one priority of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy response teams that operate effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of technical skills and the depth of personnel to supplement your IT staff and restore your network environment quickly and affordably.
Services available from Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Testing the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryptor tool
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and generate a report to deliver to the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be fixed and recommends actions to be performed to combat future ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of each infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Adding anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering files from offline restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Creating a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim commonly attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs can then require an extra payment for not publishing this information on the dark web. Sadly, there is no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the TA. Actually, in many instances the TA has limited say about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the advice of privacy lawyers, performing an inventory of data were compromised, and performing the mandated notifications to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Jersey City
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement expertise in Jersey City, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.