Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Kansas City
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a mix of field experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to deploy recovery teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to supplement your IT staff and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement payment with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and using the TA's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore physical and virtual devices and services to their original condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and create a document to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This document identifies security gaps that need to be fixed and suggests actions to be performed to combat subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the spread of the attack
- Making digital copies of each breached device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from offline restores or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack condition
In addition to extorting money for a decryption utility, current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor commonly try to exfiltrate files. Hackers can then require an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Sadly, there is no way to guarantee that stolen files have been totally erased by the hacker. In fact, in many instances the TA has little say about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for seeking the guidance of privacy lawyers, conducting an investigation into which data were compromised, and carrying out the required alerts to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Kansas City
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Kansas City, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.