Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Kansas City
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the insurance provider, if any. Because the top goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to establish recovery teams that work efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of IT skills and the depth of experts to supplement your IT support team and restore your network rapidly and economically.
Services offered by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement range with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA
- Confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the hacker's decryptor utility
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can help you to restore computers and services to their original state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a full forensic review and create a document to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security gaps that need to be fixed and recommends steps that should be taken to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints to arrest the spread of the attack
- Making replicas of every infected server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with recovery
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering files from offline restores or unscathed machines
- Creating a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. Hackers can then require an additional settlement for not publishing this information or selling it. Sadly, there is no way to prove that stolen data have been totally deleted by the TA. Actually, in numerous instances the hacker has limited control about where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of getting the advice of legal counsel, performing an inventory of files were compromised, and sending the necessary notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Kansas City
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Kansas City, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.