Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Manchester
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complex exercise that requires a combination of real-word experience, IT skills and business savvy. It also demands working closely with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Since the number one goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is vital to deploy response teams that work effectively, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of IT knowledge and the deep bench of experts to supplement your IT staff and restore your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Validating the hacker's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement range with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the hacker's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryptor tool
After the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can help you to restore physical and virtual devices and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This document helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that must be eliminated and suggests steps that should be performed to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the spread of the assault
- Making digital copies of every infected server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Installing A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from offline restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate information. TAs are then able to require an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Sadly, there is no way to prove that exfiltrated data have been totally erased by the TA. In fact, in numerous instances the hacker has limited control over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an investigation into which files were stolen, and carrying out the necessary notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Manchester
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement services in Manchester, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.