Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel may be slower to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a target's system, the longer it takes to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to carry out the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware expert can help businesses in the Salinas metro area to identify and isolate breached devices and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Salinas
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has a number of crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves arresting the lateral spread of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to organize the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to get essential services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are affected, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring offers small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, classification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, simplifies management, and expedites resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Salinas
For ransomware system restoration consulting in the Salinas area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.