Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a victim's network, the more time it will require to restore core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Salinas area to identify and isolate infected devices and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Salinas
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment processes consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal useful degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and secure remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to put essential resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators. This provides an extra level of protection and recoverability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, classification, mitigation, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Salinas
For ransomware recovery services in the Salinas area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.