Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve inside a target's network, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to carry out the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware expert can assist businesses in the Vitória metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Vitória
Modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an extra settlement in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal useful degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the widest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to organize the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, how many files are affected, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the attack.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus tools deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware filtering, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Vitória
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Vitória area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.