Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can make inside a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Vitória metro area to identify and isolate breached devices and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Vitória
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the response workgroup has enough people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the lateral progress of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic acceptable degree of functionality with the least downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest array of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the assault.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers TCO, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Vitória
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Vitória area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.