Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a target's network, the more time it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Vitória area to locate and quarantine infected devices and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Vitória
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional settlement for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of crucial stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response involves blocking the sideways spread of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment activities include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the widest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the assault.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools used by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Vitória
For ransomware recovery expertise in the Vitória area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.