Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make within a target's system, the longer it takes to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Vitória area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Vitória
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs require an extra settlement for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoints from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware attack.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces TCO, simplifies management, and expedites recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Vitória
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Vitória metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.