Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to complete the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help organizations in the Campinas area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Campinas
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an additional ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe remote access. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, mitigation, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if any. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Campinas
For ransomware recovery services in the Campinas area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.