Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore core operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can assist organizations in the Campinas area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Campinas
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an extra ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response requires arresting the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine activities include cutting off affected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup tools to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put vital resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are affected, and what recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not carefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV tools deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Campinas
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Campinas area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.