Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve inside a victim's system, the longer it will require to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Campinas area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Campinas
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an additional settlement in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a client's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital services back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV technology implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Campinas
For ransomware system restoration services in the Campinas metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.