Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware expert can help organizations in the Naples metro area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Naples
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs require an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery process after a ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response involves arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable level of capability with the least downtime. This process is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and safe remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers TCO, simplifies management, and expedites recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Naples
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Naples area, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.