Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve within a target's network, the more time it will require to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Naples metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Naples
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional settlement for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several distinct phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical services back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, streamlines management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Naples
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Naples area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.