Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to take the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Naples area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Naples
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers require an extra settlement for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has enough members with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires blocking the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and protected endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the assault.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Naples
For ransomware system restoration services in the Naples area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.