Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide organizations to complete the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Naples area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Naples
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack has several crucial stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves blocking the sideways spread of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the complex restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get critical services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore data damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators or root users. This provides an extra level of security and recoverability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology used by many of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and restoring machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in Naples
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Naples metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.