Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to take the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Kansas City area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Kansas City
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an additional payment for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first step requires blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest range of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put critical services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators or root users. Immutable storage adds another level of security and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, mitigation, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Kansas City
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Kansas City area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.