Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a victim's network, the longer it takes to recover basic IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Kansas City metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Kansas City
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional payment for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the least delay. This process is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and protected endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to get critical resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. Immutable storage adds another level of security and restoration ability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus tools used by some of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Kansas City
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Kansas City metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.