Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make inside a victim's system, the longer it takes to restore core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Cheyenne metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Cheyenne
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional ransom for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack has several crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment activities consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the least downtime. This effort is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV technology used by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensics: This process involves learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Cheyenne
For ransomware system restoration services in the Cheyenne metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.