Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make within a target's network, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to take the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Cheyenne area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Cheyenne
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate files and TAs require an additional settlement for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response involves blocking the sideways spread of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get critical services back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, classification, containment, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Cheyenne
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Cheyenne metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.