Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a target's system, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Cheyenne area to identify and quarantine infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Cheyenne
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and TAs require an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration has a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment activities consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic useful level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the broadest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put critical services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV tools deployed by many of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware filtering, classification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Cheyenne
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Cheyenne area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.