Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support staff may take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve within a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist organizations in the Cheyenne area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Cheyenne
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an extra payment for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves blocking the sideways progress of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to get essential resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, how many files are affected, and what recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected during the assault.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, classification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if any. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption utility; debugging decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves learning the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Cheyenne
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Cheyenne metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.