Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's network, the longer it takes to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware expert can help organizations in the Leeds area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Leeds
Modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional settlement for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has enough members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to get essential services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights gaps in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Leeds
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Leeds area, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.