Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support staff may take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve within a target's network, the longer it takes to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Leeds metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and protect clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Leeds
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack has several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the sideways progress of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the least delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensics: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Leeds
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Leeds area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.