Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a target's network, the more time it takes to recover core operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to complete the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Leeds metro area to identify and isolate breached devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Leeds
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional settlement for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves blocking the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities consist of isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not properly shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators or root users. This provides an extra level of security and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV tools implemented by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Leeds
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the Leeds area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.