Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Leeds metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Leeds
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a big problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step involves arresting the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the least delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest range of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Leeds
For ransomware recovery expertise in the Leeds area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.