Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Porto Alegre area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Porto Alegre
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an extra ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the lateral progress of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities include cutting off affected endpoints from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest range of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get critical resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including root users. Immutable storage adds an extra level of protection and restoration ability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Porto Alegre
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Porto Alegre metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.