Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a target's system, the longer it takes to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Porto Alegre metro area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Porto Alegre
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee for the decryptors required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an extra settlement in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration involves several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment activities include cutting off affected endpoints from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the least delay. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put essential services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are affected, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not properly shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same AV tools used by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Porto Alegre
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Porto Alegre metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.