Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support staff are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a target's network, the longer it will require to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware expert can assist businesses in the Porto Alegre metro area to locate and isolate breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Porto Alegre
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has several distinct phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV tools implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Porto Alegre
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Porto Alegre area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.