Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to complete the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help organizations in the Porto Alegre area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Porto Alegre
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available system restores and backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional settlement in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step requires blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a basic useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the assault.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Porto Alegre
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Porto Alegre area, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.