Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's system, the longer it will require to restore core operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to complete the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Porto Alegre metro area to locate and quarantine breached devices and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Porto Alegre
Modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an extra settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves several crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response involves blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic useful level of capability with the least downtime. This process is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the broadest range of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put critical services back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, classification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Porto Alegre
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Porto Alegre area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.