Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may take longer to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a target's network, the more time it will require to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to carry out the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Webster metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Webster
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack has a number of crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has enough members with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial response requires blocking the lateral spread of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities include isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put critical resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators or root users. Immutable storage provides another level of protection and recoverability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM cuts TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Webster
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Webster area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.