Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Clearwater metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Clearwater
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any available system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an additional ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack has several crucial stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial response requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This process is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get vital services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the assault.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology used by some of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if any. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack state; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Clearwater
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Clearwater area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.