Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve within a victim's network, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to carry out the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the São Paulo metro area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in São Paulo
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an extra payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware across your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic useful level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same AV technology used by many of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in São Paulo
For ransomware system recovery consulting services in the São Paulo metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.