Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a target's system, the longer it takes to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can assist organizations in the São Paulo area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in São Paulo
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any accessible backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional settlement in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack has several crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves blocking the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the least downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the assault.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in São Paulo
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the São Paulo metro area, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.