Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist organizations in the São Paulo area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in São Paulo
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an extra ransom for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response requires arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the widest range of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV technology implemented by many of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, classification, mitigation, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting Services in São Paulo
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the São Paulo metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.