Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a victim's system, the more time it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineer can assist businesses in the São Paulo area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in São Paulo
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an additional settlement in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several distinct phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial response involves blocking the lateral progress of the attack across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful level of functionality with the least delay. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the attack.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools used by many of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, classification, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in São Paulo
For ransomware recovery services in the São Paulo metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.