Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make inside a victim's system, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Ipanema area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Ipanema
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically sets the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra settlement for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response requires arresting the sideways spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic useful level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to get critical resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV tools implemented by some of the world's largest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, detection, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Ipanema
For ransomware system restoration consulting in the Ipanema area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.