Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are less able to organize a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's network, the more time it takes to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Newark area to locate and quarantine breached devices and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Newark
Modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an additional payment for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to get essential resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including root users. This adds an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Newark
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the Newark area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.