Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve within a target's system, the more time it will require to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Baltimore metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Baltimore
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs require an additional payment for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process after a ransomware penetration involves a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response involves blocking the lateral progress of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment activities consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe remote access. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services include establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Baltimore
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Baltimore area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.