Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can make within a target's network, the more time it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to take the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can help businesses in the Baltimore metro area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Baltimore
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra payment in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step involves arresting the sideways spread of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment processes include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore data damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not properly shut down, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV tools deployed by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Baltimore
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Baltimore area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.