Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support staff may be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a target's system, the more time it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide organizations to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Monterrey area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Monterrey
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an extra payment for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration has several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic useful level of capability with the least downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest array of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put essential services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same AV technology used by many of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, classification, containment, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Monterrey
For ransomware system restoration consulting in the Monterrey area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.