Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Monterrey area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Monterrey
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs require an extra ransom for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response requires arresting the lateral progress of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the complicated recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. This adds another level of security and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV tools used by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Monterrey
For ransomware cleanup services in the Monterrey area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.