Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Monterrey area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Monterrey
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and hackers require an extra settlement for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the lateral spread of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the least delay. This effort is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complex recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not carefully closed, might have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including root users. This adds another level of security and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's largest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, containment, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Monterrey
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Monterrey area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.