Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a victim's system, the longer it takes to recover basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to take the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Lakeland metro area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Lakeland
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers require an extra payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response requires blocking the lateral progress of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe remote access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a client's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting Services in Lakeland
For ransomware system restoration services in the Lakeland area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.