Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve within a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Lakeland area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Lakeland
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional ransom for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves several crucial phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response requires blocking the lateral progress of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to get critical resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators. Immutable storage adds another level of security and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV technology used by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, identification, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryption tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Lakeland
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Lakeland area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.