Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage inside a target's system, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can help businesses in the Lakeland area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Lakeland
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent first response involves blocking the lateral progress of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get critical services back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools used by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, classification, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Lakeland
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Lakeland metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.