Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can make inside a target's network, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to complete the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Palo Alto metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Palo Alto
Current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an extra settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has enough members with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a basic useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a client's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including root users. This adds an extra level of protection and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV technology used by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Palo Alto
For ransomware recovery expertise in the Palo Alto area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.