Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a target's network, the more time it will require to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Palo Alto area to locate and quarantine breached devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Palo Alto
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent first step involves blocking the sideways progress of the attack across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the least downtime. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the attack.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology used by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Palo Alto
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Palo Alto area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.