Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a victim's system, the more time it will require to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist businesses in the Palo Alto metro area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Palo Alto
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an extra ransom for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack has several distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical first response involves blocking the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest array of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not carefully shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus tools deployed by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, classification, containment, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting Services in Palo Alto
For ransomware cleanup services in the Palo Alto area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.