Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a target's system, the longer it will require to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Manchester area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Manchester
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers require an extra ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has several distinct phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment activities consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup tools to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Manchester
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Manchester area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.