Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make inside a target's system, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to complete the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Manchester metro area to identify and quarantine infected devices and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Manchester
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryptors needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an extra settlement in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first step requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest range of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get critical services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same AV tools used by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Manchester
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Manchester area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.