Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make within a victim's network, the more time it will require to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Oxford area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Oxford
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra settlement in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack has several crucial phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step involves blocking the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a client's management and network support staff to prioritize activity and to get essential services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryption tool; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Oxford
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Oxford area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.