Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage inside a target's network, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Oxford area to locate and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Oxford
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack involves several crucial stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves blocking the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including root users. Immutable storage provides an extra level of security and restoration ability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same AV technology used by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM lowers TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption tool; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Oxford
For ransomware system recovery services in the Oxford area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.