Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware expert can help organizations in the Toledo metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Toledo
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an extra ransom for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves blocking the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic acceptable level of capability with the least downtime. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly shut down, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Toledo
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Toledo metro area, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.