Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a target's system, the more time it will require to recover basic IT services and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to take the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Toledo metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Toledo
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent first response involves blocking the lateral spread of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes include isolating affected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of functionality with the least delay. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly shut down, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, classification, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Toledo
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Toledo area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.