Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may be slower to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make inside a target's network, the longer it takes to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Toledo metro area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Toledo
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an additional payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the lateral progress of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network topology, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to get essential services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and what recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including root users. This adds an extra level of security and restoration ability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus tools used by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, containment, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Toledo
For ransomware recovery services in the Toledo area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.